Friday, July 24, 2009

Technology Memories

Can you remember the first time you used technology?...as an education tool? I can seriously remember the first time I used technology as an educational tool in second grade. It was actually a game called Super Munchers...and it was truly an amazing game. It helped develop math, vocabulary, and fast thinking skills. To me, even though this game was the simplest game (compared to Xbox, PS3, etc.), I can truly remember it making a difference in my life. I even had my parents buy it for me so that I could enjoy it on my own computer and in the school computer lab.

Here is a link so that you know what I'm talking about:

When do you remember first using technology as an educational tool? Did you realize it back then? Do you think it would have an effect on today's net generation students?

1 comment:

  1. Let me tell you about my 1st. I came back to teaching after 10 years of raising a family. I graduated with no technology courses. I was given a programming class to teach. Talk about trying to stay ahead. Actually, I learned right along with them. :)

    ReplyDelete